Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Day She Died


Mother Nature told me
you must stop this butchery
my heart is hurting
and my skin is bleeding
My mind is pondering
on my existence threatening
to die before you can save me
so you must start listening

Then I thought
'One man against the world
What good can I do?
If no out there is listening
lay down to die you're through.'

So don't go opening your eyes
or you just might see the light
and don't ever dare defy
lie down and say goodnight

You can build the cities
and you can make the monies
but what do you really have?
When all is gone it's going to be too late
to realize that we've gone mad

So when your children ask you
to tell them about the trees
remember all that's been destroyed
are now memories
Mother Nature, I'm sorry
that your children are so blind
I whispered to her quietly
as she laid down to die

MM 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment