Saturday, May 9, 2015

Arkadelphia


Roll the window down
I want to see the wind mess up your hair
We'll play another silly game
Laughing deeper down into my seat
Rolling around I see you laughing
So hard tears are in your eyes
Will you wake up and get the coffee?

Walk outside to feel the morning
There's dog shit outside the door
There's a car in front of us
That's being driven by no one
Hey pull over here
There's a better view of the river

The lady there in Paso Robles
Whose kids were trapped in a tornado
Just close the door
You know that we could not care
I never had to think of so many
Nouns or verbs or adjectives

Whoever thought that it was something
That had been there long before
To the point that I kept thinking
If it would make it off the ground
I want to roll the window down
Propel this thing forward
I want to drive into the sun.

MM 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment