Saturday, May 9, 2015

Television Soundtrack


Watching the pictures on TV
going out with no sound,
life illustrated so clearly- 
these are my most private moments
I am sitting on a plane,
I wish I had the window seat,
this moment so turbulent- I know
it is certain death.

Next to you again,
told you i had my fortune read,
and was told again and again
that the world does not move fast enough 
to hide its flaws

Riding through the city
all day with no direction,
stuck with these people
in the middle of their conversations
The least comfortable seat
trite bullshit scraping the chalkboard- 
they should fucking take me home
if they want to do me favors
why don't you do me a favor?

I watched it happen,
doors that closed behind them
Is this your intimacy,
or the shit you dragged behind you? 
Did your world move fast enough
to keep your shit from dragging the ground?

The world does not move
fast enough to hide its flaws

MM 2001 (revised 5/2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment